BRIEF ON SMART CITY PORT BLAIR
The Port Blair City was selected under Fast Track Smart City Challenge by the MoUD in the month of May2016.
The total cost of the projects under Smart City Mission is 777.65 Crores having projects like Digital Address system(Door numbers), Metropolitan Area Network for the entire city and for the select Area Based Development(ward no;2,3,4 &5 -Haddo, Chatham ,Anarkali ,Phoenix Bay, Aberdeen) projects like 24x7 water supply , water ATM, smart grid and smart energy meter, Desalination plant, sullage/septage treatment plant, storm water drainage, Solid Waste Management, LED lighting public conveniences, Hybrid Buses, Smart Bus stop, Development of historical sites (like Tower clock, Cellular Jail, Martyrs Memorial, Aberdeen Memorial),Tourist App, smart kiosk, green connect (integration of various parks),Marine Esplanade(a long sea deck along the coast from Chatham to Marina Park excluding Jetty Areas), Multi level Parking, Market Development,
• The A&N Administration has constituted an SPV namely Port Blair Smart City Projects Ltd.(PBSPL) with the composition of Directors ,Chief Secretary as Chairperson and Secretary, PBMC as Chief Executive Officer.
• The PBSPL was incorporated under Companies Act on 27.07.2016
• The Ministry had released Rs. 194.00 crores for the first two years for development of Port Blair Smart city.
• The PBSPL has sent letter requesting A & N Administration to release 200.00 crores as equity in the company. • Meanwhile an MoU has been entered with M/s EESL to replace all the conventional street lights into LED lights. The replacement of lights has already completed in major par of the city and the entire city lighting would be completed by December 2017.
• The PBSPL has floated RFP twice to engage PMC to Design, Develop, Manage and Implement Smart City Projects
List of Documents regarding Smart City Portblair