||The mission seeks to address the housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers through following verticals as shown below in which beneficiaries can take advantage under component only. |
2. Name of the Scheme: Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) (SWM (U))
||For ensuring hygiene, waste management and sanitation across the nation, “Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) SBM(U)” has been launched. This is the tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th Birth anniversary to be celebrated in the year 2019. SBM(U) is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Govt. of India. The mission objectives are:
• Elimination of open defecation.
• Eradication of manual scavenging.
• To effect behavioral changes among the citizens for healthy sanitation practice.
• Generate awareness on sanitation and its linkages with public health.
• Capacity augmentation for ULB’s dealing staffs/ officials.
• Adopt modern and scientific municipal solid waste management system.
• To create an enabling environment for private sector participation in CAPEX (Capital expenditure) and OPEX (Operation & Maintenance)
3. Name of the Scheme: National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM)
||• To provide an asset to the urban poor in the form of skills for sustainable livelihood.
• Building community institutions – self-help groups and their federations
• Ensure availability and access of the urban homeless population to permanent shelters including the basic infrastructure facilities like water supply, sanitation, safety and security
• Survey of Street Vendors and financial inclusion.
4. Name of Scheme: Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
||• Importance have been given to improve the water supply distribution by augmenting the existing line and laying of new lines envisages future expansion of population as well as keeping in mind to supply equal and adequate quantity of water to the citizen as per MoUD guidelines. Equal importance for improving green spaces and increasing the storage capacity of water has also been considered.
• Channelize and regulate the flow of the storm water.
• Prevent or reduce the water logging and flood like situation due to rainfall.
Scroll to Top